Thursday, October 21, 2010

Still in Cairns

People are starting to grumble about your bloggers still being in Cairns, and it's true, we are struggling to find interesting things to post about. Our extended stay is all about supporting David's mum Marjory and doing a few things for her. But we will head off to the tablelands on Monday.

It's been raining more or less constantly here, and our planned bike ride to the Cairns Botanic Gardens has had to be cancelled again. But yesterday we had a walk around Centennial Lakes, just a couple of k's from here.  The Cairns Post recently reported a croc sighting here. No crocodiles leapt out of the swamp to get us, but it sure did look like the right habitat.  And I thought I saw big movement under the water in the direction in which the magpie geese were all pointing their beaks and going Honk! Honk!


What I saw certainly looked too big to be one of these...


Then we went for a swim in the big open pool at the Esplanade, and walked back to the car under a beautiful tropical twilight.


Today, David is off getting Marjory's kitchen drawer backs replaced.


And he just got back in time to take her to the optometrist, so I must sign off now!

No comments:

Post a Comment