Medical bulletin on SF, he's worse. Today, after our yoga class, Marjory and I went and filled the antibiotics script that my GP supplied prior to our travel, so hopefully that will forestall the chest infection getting out of control. But it may be a day or two yet before he is well enough to travel.
The day after tomorrow (Friday) is settlement day for our block of land at Forster! So the die is cast. Today I am working on a design brief document to send to a possible designer at Forster, see what he comes up with. Calling all architects in the family, looking forward to your comments, ideas, warnings, wisdoms. Help! It's very daunting, this Build-Your-Own-House scheme. Especially as we are determined that all the shortcomings and mistakes of every past house either of us has ever lived in will be fixed in this one! We have been thinking about this one for about 15 years actually. Been saying to one another: in our next house, we will have to make sure we have....x, y, z, fill in the thousand or so blanks. But, no doubt it will all come down to money. Wish us luck.
A few days back we went to the Cairns Regional Gallery where there was a splendid wood sculpture exhibition by Josie Lowerson. Particularly liked this one, inspired by a couple of newly breast-implanted women the artist met at a party. She observed that the surgery money may have been better spent on breast cancer research. Seconded.
This is another I really liked; she is a collector, she says, and her handbag reflects this. You can see a real Queensland bower bird inside.
.
There were also some enchantingly witchy shoes.
Speaking of enchanting, daughter Lian has just had her first gig as a runway fashion model, see her blog "Frocks and Frou Frou" for details: http://frocksandfroufrou.com/ Isn't she just gorgeous?
When we move to Forster, I am hopeful I will be able to grow my very own frangipani tree. When I was a teenager and visiting the folks in Malaysia, their house was located in a street full of frangipani trees and every morning, the place would be scattered with fragrant blossoms. It is an enduring and delightful memory. Here is a blossom I picked off a tree near the Esplanade a couple of days ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday to you both and hopefully SF's health improves. Keep up the blogging, presume you will go to Lake CatEye after Port Dogless
ReplyDelete