Monday, October 11, 2010

No siestas for us!


The tropical torpor that descends on one after lunch is stultifying to say the least.
A few tunes whiled away the heated afternoon, with both of us (ok it was really just me) looking forward to putting on the new TV at 7 p.m. (Photography: Mum)



Late afternoon saw us at the Tanks (Tank 5 to be precise) to see a Mental Health Week art exhibition - good stuff.



Then followed the "Red Arrow Walk" up through the Botanic Gardens precinct onto a many stepped climb. Mum paced me for the first few hundred metres then I was on my own.
A pleasant outlook over the mangroves could not compare to Townsville's Castle Hill.


I'm not bashing Cairns, but just look at this view from Castle Hill:
Panoramic view of Townsville from Castle Hill


The Red Arrow Walk was a tough climb for an old couch potato I can tell you.
I had earned a cold shower and it was the best thing ever!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Where is castle Hill? Looks like an extract from Shrek or other Hollywood dream world.
    Tell Mum TV is not often good. She needs a short list of fave programs.
    lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. A careful reading of the text around the said shrek piccy will reveal the word "Townsville". TV advice noted and passed on.

    ReplyDelete