Thursday, October 7, 2010

The day the world changed forever

It all started innocently enough, when we tipped all the marmalade (Mum's grapefruit tree) out of its jars (too runny) back into the pot and re-boiled it to perfect consistency.



Then suddenly Mum agreed to go to the shops to buy herself a NEW TV!!!
Mum has been living in Cairns since 1975 without a TV and has always stolidly resisted the evils of the "idiot box".



A torrid session of bargaining btween the bewildered shop worker and the bewildered buyer saw Mum emerge (willingly - I deny all manipulation and duress) with a shiny new Samsung. The people were too big on the 32", and the 26" seemed too big for the loungeroom, so she settled for a small one @ 22".



We celebrated (?) at a great little cafe in the centre of Cairns where the live piano and sax music filtered in on a new dawn.
Tomorrow the new aerial.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Clearly Brown Dog was obliged to vote NO twice in this important poll. To say that this decision to purchase a 22 inch (not even a metric one!) Colour Digital HD TV was not under duress is just ludicrous. I know for a fact that a Taliban insurgent, cleverly disguised as one "Davide", infiltrated enemy lines and has been going around the country (from Melbourne to Cairns I believe) influencing people to do all sorts of things that they would otherwise not do. Talk about Goerring and his propaganda, or Chairman Mao and the gang of Four, this low act has no match. Mind you a set which will only pick up Al-Jazeera in English would be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please excuse the lack of comments from this end of town for the next fortnight - I am jumping a jet to Brisvegas tonight to do a yacht delivery to Sydney. I am assured that there is plenty of red wine aboard so I have agreed to suspend work, and punish my body by going on a cruise for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS?
    DAVID ARE YOU LYING? TELL ME THE TRUTH!!!!!!
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO NAN? seriously.
    love k

    ReplyDelete