Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mwahahahaha - I have control at last

Sue has struck out on her junket/trip to Melbourne so I  am in charge!

Having helped Sue in her bungled attempt to get a pair of nail scissors on board her Jetstar flight, I headed home to care for the Golden Sunbird nesting in my Mum's carport. I sighted two babies clamouring for tucker, and the mother ON DUTY. How could Sue leave the babies you ask?  Hard to unnerstand eh?






Mum and me went to "The Tanks". This huge watertank is just one of 5 that have been converted to exhibition and performance spaces, with a real tropical, intimate feel - great stuff Cairns. Me and Mum might be seeing Tim Finn play there on Friday.


When we got back Mum broke the local council regulations by chucking some palm fronds down the creek at the back of her house. Luckiliy I didn't get a movie of her or she could be in BIG trouble!


This shows the local shops near Mum's house which I snapped as I drove past - tropical eh?


This little beauty is a massive palm in Mum's back yard. It has leaves like elephant ears that fold over in the tropical breeze - magic.



This is the view the snake got as he reared up to take a go at me.
I was picking up stuff from the footpath next to the car. As I bent to pick up a cloth, a six foot coastal taipan entered my vision from the left, rose up and looked very serious. I backed off and thankfully so did he. 



I looked down at the cloth which had a terrified lizard sheltering on it. I think the snake was going for the lizard and thought I was too! What could I do? Whip out the camera. The taipan was long gone.
 - 



After all that excitement we went down to the esplanade for a walk along the edge of the bay.
A beautiful cool breeze helped us on our run along the foreshore. 


Sleep well all, and come back soon Sue.


1 comment:

  1. Gaah! Snake! Glad I wasn't there. No, wait, I WILL be there very soon!

    ReplyDelete