We survived the consumption of the wild mushrooms, you will be pleased to hear. They were gooood.
Farewelled Robyn and Chris, then not long after, Marg and Keir arrived! We are seeing more of our Canberra friends than we did in Canberra. It's great! Sat around in the sun talking caravans, as you do. Neighbouring couple came over for a look and cuppa as well and were Pretty Impressed with our rig. People always comment how spacious it seems inside and what an amazing amount of storage there is. We have everything you could ever imagine wanting to bring, including the computer printer, would you believe. But the cupboards still have space. We do have this rather surprised feeling that the whole rig is actually working very well. Despite our long history of doing things on the spur of the moment (eg we bought the Calwell house in David's lunch hour and bought the Fadden block when we were actually looking for a house....) our luck seems to be holding.
In the same spirit of forward planning and organisation, we decided on a bike ride as it neared the end of the day. First, headed up the street behind where the caravan park is, spectacular houses and views but it damn near gave us a coronary getting there. Got to the top of one hill and a lady getting out of her car called out that I was doing really well, she'd never ridden up that bit! Then we hurtled down to beach altitude and got off the bikes, feeling somewhat leg-wobbly for a walk on the beach. It was at that point, David kindly pointed out I was still wearing my slippers. Had them on all day. Well, I'm retired aren't I? I'm allowed. Wonder what Lian will say when I wear them down Collins Street. It was a gorgeous sunset. Life's not bad.
Must try this slippering on the bicycle to see if I go any faster. I did wear mine across Bass Strait the other week (yes, slippers, not flippers!) Anyway, it was great to see you. We are home for the night then off to the Blue Mountains for R&R (you can assume whatever you want).
ReplyDelete