Since the last blog post, the foundation's double walls have been filled with concrete.
Waterproofing has been painted on the insides, preparatory to being drained, lined and back filled
Back on site, trucks deliver road base. This will be used to fill up and level the area of the main part of the house to the required height so that the slab can be poured on top. It is also spread on the lower levels, comprising studio and garage.
Young Todd (below) spent the day shovelling gravel and thumping it down with a compactor. He has muscles on his muscles. You've got a tough job, I said. He bounced over on the balls of his feet, grinning. I love me job, he said, I been back at work two months and I just really love it! Todd would have been a handful in a classroom, with that much energy. Good on him. This view is from the NE corner, with the future kitchen in the foreground.
This view (below) is from the front driveway looking into what will be the garage (L) and studio (R) at the lower level. The brick walls you can see are the foundations of what will become the study (L) and kitchen (R). The study, kitchen and all other rooms are at that higher level, up stairs that you can't see yet. Clear as mud?
No comments:
Post a Comment