No more excuses, I have to lose a bit of weight. There, I've said it on the blog so there's no going back. You see, it was hot enough yesterday for a swim, and so I put the swimmers on for the first time since about May. Enough said. But on the bright side, I caught my first wave of the season! Just a little one.
So I have requested the in-house chef to serve half size portions, I'm taking a sabbatical from alcohol and jam and dessert (oh, the privations) and I am doing some aerobic exercise every day. This morning I went for a half hour walk. We'll see what happens. I'm not keen on launching into one of those protein-only special diets. Actually I'm not keen on any kind of extreme eating or non-eating program. Will keep you posted. Mother of the Bride is determined that the photos will show her looking better. Lately I've been appalled by every single photo I've appeared in. The inescapable conclusion is that I really do look like that!
This morning Robyn and I had a shopping expedition to Taree while David, Chris and Marjory did the Landcare thing at Diamond Beach. What would you have chosen? Hmm...shopping vs weeding. It was a close call for me. I'm not as fond of shopping as some are. But I'm not a huge fan of weeding either. Staying home and lolling about didn't seem to be an acceptable option, so shopping it was and this time I really enjoyed it. Maybe because I was with a woman friend. At the risk of sounding terribly sexist, husbands just are not interested in the same stuff. We meandered happily into all kinds of bloke-repellent emporiums, such as bra shops, cooking toys shops, cheap-stuff-from-Asia shops, shoe shops and so on. Had a coffee and one of those crispy Algerian almond biscuits from Ciao Bella. Taree has some good little outlets, if you know where to look.
No photos today. So I'll close with a confession. We have become complete addicts to SBS Letters and Numbers, screening at 6pm daily. Today was a cracker. The Letters expert is none other than the most fiendish Cryptic crossword setter in the country: David Astle. And his counterpart on Numbers is The luscious Lily Serno, a beautiful young woman who is whip quick with those solutions, better than any of the contestants ever are. Here's the game finishing conundrum: give yourself a maximum of 30 seconds to make a 9-letter word out of these: CAVEANTIC Tick, tick, tick. Did you do it? I did. But tonight's contestants didn't! Hah. David was at band practice so for once so I got to feel like a winner. Usually he has the solution before my brain de-fogs enough.
Well, I'd better go cook dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I missed L&N last night, and what's worse, I can't get a 9-letter word out of the conundrum CAVEANTIC. You swine, put me out of my misery, what's the answer?
ReplyDeleteGoogle (of course) came up with the answer! CAVEANTIC unscrambled is "rover-all-over". So simple but so cunningly disguised.
ReplyDeleteBD
What a dummy I am. Vaccinate appeared in my brain while resting in the smallest room of the house!!
ReplyDelete