Have you ever wanted to run your own cafe? This morning I discovered that Friendz Cafe at Black Head beach, our local, has just been taken over by new people and I fear the worst. All the artworks are gone and the new proprietor sports tattoos and a tongue stud that she flashes disconcertingly when she speaks. We're locals, she said. We've got the Tavern just down the road. This doesn't auger well, given the sort of establishment the Tavern is. If ever there was a beachside cafe with potential, this is it. Location unbeatable, competition nil, past performance 3/10. I bought a flat white and went and sat grumpily under the trees. David and I discussed what great things you could do with that cafe if you had a bit of spark and had been to Melbourne just once in your life.
It feels like summer here. Today it's 30 degrees outside and rather hot inside too. There is smoke pouring off a fire at Nabiac that is heading directly our way. Hope it doesn't jump the highway. I can hear sirens in the distance. Hmm. But it's nothing like 2003 in Canberra when the smoke was so thick in Fadden the sky went black and the burning debris sounded like hail on the roof.
I suppose we could all go and stand in the middle of one of the water hazards nearby. Should be able to dash into this one, shoulder aside the ducks...There are three blue-billed ducks in this shot, but you can't see them. I do miss the old camera.
Now for something completely different, check out these fruits on our finger lime. David has also planted a couple of tomatoes in pots on our deck. Have to have tomatoes, even if we don't have a vegie garden!
This photo (above) shows a view of the Manning River from the seat occupied by David during orchestra rehearsals. Pretty uplifting, playing orchestral music while looking out on that. David's recovery continues, his energy is picking up and the only remaining treatment is the radioactive iodine procedure coming up in mid October. For that, he will have to be in an isolation room in St George hospital in Sydney for a few days. But prior to that, we will have a trip to Canberra in the first week of October. I'm so looking forward to it. We'll see the kids and go to Floriade and the Fred Williams exhibition and do a movie and pick up David's golf clubs from the storage place and see our accountant. Phew!
While you're at the storage place can you keep your eyes peeled for the albums? I'd love to show my 18th birthday album to Matt some time :)
ReplyDeleteAnd don't forget to visit us in the Floriade Shop
ReplyDelete