
We were not attacked by any drop bears, although I thought I could smell one at one point. Our safety was undoubtedly because we are locals to the area.
We had a lovely quiet, safe walk with Keir, who has come to stay for a few days.
Here it is, in pictures.
Cabbage palms and burrawangs in the central, deep forested part of the walk.
Mossy logs and that particular humid, woodsy rainforesty smell
Eucalyptis Grandis, Flooded Gum
Recent winds had felled a young swamp mahogany tree
Foredune just before Black Head beach, we turned north and walked to Red Head at this point.
Looking south towards Black Head
Interesting rock - any theories?
More interesting rock, these were very smoothly polished, unlike most of the volcanic rock in this area.
Beach pebbles at Red Head.
Practising mindfulness.
Walking back towards Black Head
Wavescapes - tide coming in.
Our final destination of course, was Friendz cafe at Black Head beach. Great that David has now recovered enough to complete this walk. Mind you, he is having a nap as I blog...
No comments:
Post a Comment