Sunday, November 28, 2010

Struggle

As I write this, we have had a tough day.

Saturday, we went to Treachery Bay to spend some time with Linda, Phil and their friends. It is a very pretty spot, and the bay itself is very protected from the rather fierce North easterlies that are blowing.  Linda was doing a painting of these dramatic rocks right at the end of the beach.


There were more discussions about house designs.


The beach was lovely, but it is a very long and hot sand dune climb back from beach to camp ground.


Had dinner with Ilonka, Robyn, Chris and Heather, to celebrate the sale at auction  on Saturday, of Robyn and Chris's apartment in Kingston. That was good news, but this morning, we were confronted by the unwelcome news that we had been booked into a caravan site that someone else had pre-booked and they were insisting that we move. Then it dawned that we had left the site plan and drawings at Linda and Phil's cabin at Seal Rocks, so it was an early drive for David to retrieve them while I tried to calm myself down by doing some domestic things.  A bit of extra stress we didn't need just as we are struggling to come up with some alternative house plan ideas to take to the designer tomorrow.

David has spent the day working on it. I feel pretty overwhelmed, so I'm blogging as a means of escape.  But now I must go and make some kind of useful contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment