Saturday, July 10, 2010

Worst day so far

Thursday night we were at Eagle Point near Bairnsdale (above), travelled all day Friday to reach Pambula, stayed overnight and then on the road again heading for Nowra where we plan to stay a few days and check out the local real estate. High point of the day was seeing kangaroos (below) out the window from my bed at Pambula this morning and its all been downhill since then. You don't need the boring details, but we argued.  For the first time in ages. So I am feeling a bit down and it wasn't helped by that lukewarm pie which was the only food on offer at Moruya Bakery en route.  I swear I will never eat another meat pie ever. Plus, we had to squeeze into an incredibly tight spot in this caravan park at Bomaderry and I am sure our neighbours can hear us playing scrabble. Which I lost, by the way. Again.  

Anyway,  tomorrow is another day, and perhaps we will find the perfect place to buy.


2 comments:

  1. Take a look up the Rose Valley, just south of the Kiama bends, just north of Gerringong - turn off the highway. We have discovered that long days in the car coupled with one night stops are not conducive to harmony. Stay well, luv Marg and Keir

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that those who were experienced in the ways of Moruya Bakeries (Silver Fox) would be well aware that quality such as is found in Coles Bay does not exist in Moruya.

    I am now more convinced that retired psychologists is actually a reincarnation of Madame Blavatsky in that Mahatmas deliver her the scrabble clues enabling her to win. But to accept plowing and goalee without questioning is pushing the HPB skills to the limits. I suggest that retired psychologist be renamed to be HPB2.

    ReplyDelete