Friday, June 1, 2012

Through a Glass Onion

When I was a young mum and watching Play School with my littlies I had such a crush on John Waters. There was one particular episode where he was dressed in black leathers and rode a black motorcycle onto the set.  Then he and Noni Hazelhurst sang a song about pressing buttons on eachother.  It was almost too much for me.  So tonight, there he was again, dressed in black leather and channelling John Lennon in his show Through a Glass Onion. Which was really good and reminded me of what a crush I used to have.  So I went up to him after the show where he was signing autographs and asked him if he remembered riding a motorcycle onto the set of Play School.  Yes, he did remember doing that, thirty years ago.  The show was a biographical journey through Lennon's music. See it if you can, before Waters leaves to tour it overseas.

I've been at work the last few days and while the cat's away, evidently the cat's husband goes bushwalking with his mate, Chris Atten-Borough.  It looks like they were having a lot more fun than I was, doing wildlife documentary type things.





This diamond python was determined to get back on the road and continue warming itself.  Not a good idea, so Chris diverted it to the edge.


David and I have been doing a lot of selections for the house project.  Here he is at our local Hallidays Point social hub, the bakery, working on the lighting plan.  Well, you might as well be out and about.


(Above) These stairs really worried us. See how uneven they are?  Had the builder's grandchildren been having a hand in the project?


No, silly.  Of course not. It was all evened up the next day, once the proper saw was on site. Whew.


The secret of an even tempered house?  Insulation, insulation, insulation.


And now, the internal sheeting has begun to appear. It looks more and more like a real house.





1 comment:

  1. Do you remember the frantic phone calls around the 'Mothers' Mafia'. Turn on Playschool!!!!! Noni Hazelhurst is undressing John Waters....

    ReplyDelete