So today, I have been performing tweakage on our insulation. Adding and multiplying into the fiddly little gaps. My theory is that from inside the house, I should not be able to see any of the foil sarking that lines the roof and exterior walls. The interior sheeting goes on this week, so this weekend has been our last chance to fiddle before it all gets hidden underneath gyprock. The builder says the insulation is finished. Hmm. I don't think so.
These are the kinds of gaps that can lead to a significant heat exchanger effect. This area leads to roof space that faces north and east. The space is likely to get quite hot and also cold, so it should be insulated from the interior of the house. Which at present, it isn't.
Likewise, this bit at the back of the kitchen has been left, maybe not thought necessary, because it backs onto the kitchen cupboards and pantry. But it's not ideal for the interior of those cupboards to be getting hot and cold.
So I girded up, with my archival lab coat from student days, plus skin and airways protection. Went to work while David was playing in the Eisteddfod champions concert. His jazz band had earlier placed first in the Eisteddfod, and his concert band came second.
No comments:
Post a Comment