Sunday, April 24, 2011

Catching up with news - part 4: I love Melbourne

I love Melbourne. David likes it more and more too. Lian and Matt are there, and also Wim and Akinyi. Music, food, the best coffee. Good art, theatre, shopping. We always have a good time when we visit.

The Lucknow Connection does a fine breakfast and it's 2 minutes walk from our place, overlooking the Yarra

Shopping with Andrea in Fitzroy

The Abbotsford Convent, where Wim had a gig one Sunday afternoon

Pretty funny that Lian, Andrea and I all independently chose red, white and blue outfits that afternoon

Linda and Phil came to stay one weekend

The Lindt cafe in Collins St, perfectly situated next to a classy shoe shop in an elaborate arcade

Fudge

Wim's apartment courtyard garden overlooks the curved roof of the old Lux Foundry building, now reincarnated as little shopfronts

Wim plays a jazz gig at Tre Espresso Bar in Brunswick

No comments:

Post a Comment