Update on David: he's out of hospital and staying with Linda and Phil for the weekend. On Monday he'll be heading back home to keep recovering. He says he's feeling better already. Here's the journey, starting last Monday when he went into (drumroll) The Radiation Room.
Unpacking four day's worth of books, DVDs and the new birthday i-pad toy. He will have to stay entirely within this room the whole time.
The nuclear medicine specialist duly arrived and carried out a complicated medical procedure: taking one pill out of its lead lined carry case and handing it to David.
And then it was good night everyone and thanks for coming. During his radioactive phase, visitors were not allowed to stay beyond half an hour.
So I spent the following day in Punchbowl and Padstow, looking at stone for the kitchen benchtops. A fascinating experience, so many beautiful and diverse and richly coloured and patterned stone slabs from around the world. Some outrageously figured, wild patterns, such as onyx with layers of concentric rings all folded and interlocking in shades of ochres and creams, and black marble with actual traceries of fossil shells embedded in its glassy surface. But we have chosen something gentler, subtler that will hopefully sit and be beautiful within the rest of the house, rather than leaping out and grabbing the centre of attention immediately. This isn't a great representation of the colours, but here it is. There is a nice bit of movement through the centre of the stone, that I am hoping we can have on the middle top of the benchtop - like a work of art.
Wednesday I was back on the train and enjoyed as always, that gloriously scenic trip back to Taree. Then it was work on Thursday and Friday while David's system worked its way back from the radiation dose in his isolation room. He was released from hospital Thursday. Saturday I travelled to Sydney again, had a coffee with David and then caught the plane for Melbourne. Haven't had a sunset shot for a while, so here are a couple taken from my seat just as we began the descent into Tullamarine.
On the ground it was grey and drizzly, welcome to Melbourne! But I love Melbourne. Lian and I will be doing bridie things. What fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment