Sunday, October 2, 2011

Can you guess where we are?

Can you guess where we are? Here's a clue.


Yes, its f-f-freezing Canberra!  We're here for a quick visit to see some of our favourite things and people.


A heavenly shaft of enlightenment and intellectual vigour descends on us as we drive in via the Federal Highway.


Having passed through the future on the way. The wind turbines on Lake George. It is indeed a very windy place, note the disarray of the coiffure of this Australian raven.


 Staying with Mae and Nick.  So good to give my Mae a big mothery hug. Also got our hands on the cats straight away after a long cat-drought.  David very fatigued after the travel so we had a TV night. Then in the morning it was, of course, The Bus Depot Markets.


Had to get a pressie for adorable little granddaughter Keliyah who is having the weekend with Daddy Julian. She wanted to get in her blue animal car seat and go to the beach with us straight away. Can't wait for a visit at Hallidays Point.  David and I often see things and say: Keliyah woud love that!



Julian is looking good, and happy. Living in a really nice newly renovated place.


After lunch we had a little nostalgia drive, including this favourite vista: the Brindabellas as you descend into the Tuggeranong valley. They were veiled and brooding today, receding layers of misty blue greys. I do miss that iconic, dramatic backdrop to life in the bush capital. But I don't miss the foreground, the ragged struggling browned off vegetation of the limestone plains. That landscape is an acquired taste that somehow I never acquired.


As I write, Mae's TV is shouting at David about Manly and the Warriors. I know it's un-Australian, but my favourite bit of the whole grand final thing is actually the Haka at the start. Anyway, the real grand final is actually over. The Geelong Cats won. I was born in Victoria you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment