Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend at home

You really appreciate weekends at home when you're working or when you've been away. This weekend has been a lovely quiet, stay-at-home sort of affair. Been catching up on some emails and phone calls, David resting, went for a bike ride, made some bread...

I want to thank everyone who has been in touch with kind wishes for David's health. And special thanks to Robyn and Chris who arrived at the door yesterday with chicken soup and sourdough for lunch. Your caring support really helps. We are hopeful that David will be healthy and energetic by summer, following the next bout of treatment that will involve another stay in hospital for 3 or 4 days, for radioactive iodine treatment, just to "mop up" any rogue cells.  Here he is today, watching the footy on TV and mending up. I wish I could say he's become an easy beat on Scrabble and Words and Numbers on SBS and on the cryptic crossword in the SMH. But no...


Here's the bread, just came out of the oven, wish you could smell it.


It's been warm and sunny the last few days, spring is springing.  Check out this bank of wattles visible from the loungeroom. Spectacular.


Also, the birds are breeding.  Saw four little egg cup sized lapwings erupting in all directions from under their mum on our bike ride. She was not pleased, made quite a racket trying to call them back. I wonder what's going on in this birdie stand-off spotted from our driveway. The miners were dive bombing the kooka and it was maintaining a dignified posture of Ignore. I love birds, can you guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment