It's been raining quite a lot.
Drainage needed
Every day the weather is dry enough, there is a posse of tradie's cars parked on the grass, or should I say, the mud. Various huge vehicles have made their way up our driveway, the cement trucks, the cranes, the dirt trucks and earthmoving machinery, even a semi trailer that had to back out all the way down Vincent Close because it was too big to turn around. Each one churns up the ground a bit more, boots are now essential footwear.
Rafters and steel beams have been installed overhead
The exterior shape of the building is beginning to be visible
Window openings frame future views. (Above) this one is from your bedroom! When you come and stay, you will wake up to a view of the dam - without that mound of dirt of course, There will be a grassy slope for you to step out onto through your sliding door.
Plumbing pipes now thread through the framework. And in this photo, to the wrong spot. Plumber had a slap-the-forehead moment over that one. Wall-mounted taps...yeah, that's right. I forgot, he said. Hmm, lucky I spotted that one. Earlier I had spotted that the bath waste was in the wrong location. Wonder what else I haven't spotted? All part of the excitement.
David takes a flying leap through the guest bathroom window. There will be glass in this in a week or less.
The house so far, viewed from the top corner of the block, looking towards the road
Our resident plovers appear to have decamped to the next door neighbour's place, but our butcher bird family is very present and bold. Are they training the builders to throw lunch scraps, I wonder?
We also have a couple of resident bunnies. I spotted someone's tomato piece outside their burrow a while back.
With the rafters and steel beams in place, the interior space of the main living room begins to take shape
Here they are being laid on top of a thick blanket of insulation. More insulation batts will go in later.
and it trundled off down the street, shaking the ground a little as it went.
Having a roof over the interior spaces makes the whole place seem more like an actual house.
The builders have moved into the garage space and set themselves up a beautiful little smoko room, complete with antique chairs and a newspaper
A sunset shot. Its been a while and you know how I love a good sunset shot.
Can we stay in the guest bedroom in a fortnight's time??? What progress!
ReplyDeleteSeptember, they reckon. In a fortnight, you can have the master suite here. Marjory has returned to live in her old house in Cairns.
ReplyDelete