Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We was framed

We was framed, framed I tell you! Today! Here is the evidence.



Tomorrow and the next day, Wayne tells us, these frames will be put up. Then after Easter, the roof trusses. Soon we will be able to wander into actual rooms.  At the frame stage, everyone tells us, the rooms look too small to be habitable.  But it all looks better once the linings are in.

So things are moving fast. We have been scrambling to finalise colour choices. I have spent quite a bit of time with our builder's wife, Lyn, who is an interior designer.  She has basically affirmed our ideas and suggested a few tweaks that I think will be good.  Today, David and I went to Edstein's, the local stone merchants, so he could see the blocks of granite I selected in Sydney for the kitchen bench and splashback. They are a schmick outfit at Edstein's, had the slabs prepared for us to look at, and took us to the workshop kitted out with orange vests, earplugs and eye protection.


Here is one of the slabs, the granite is from Brazil and its colours are gentle greys, creams and taupes, with dots of burgundy. We will echo some of these colours in the floor and walls. I have keyed the colours of the house to those in this granite.  And these granite colours echo the stone colours of this area.  At least, that is the theory. I guess we'll see how it looks when it's all put together in the final stages of the build.



In other news, we enjoyed a home made wood-fired pizza extravaganza at R and C's on the weekend. Ilonka and Pieter were there too.


A fiercely contested custard blind-tasting competition was staged. Six different custards to be identified and ranked. CB and Robyn both scored an amazing 6 out of 6 on the identity parade.



 This, dear readers, was taken with the utmost seriousness.  I am happy to report that Sue's Home Made Stirred Custard was ranked the highest, while the Black and Gold instant powdered custard was placed last by every single taster, so the manufacturers should hang their heads in shame.


So incensed were we about the low quality of the Black and Gold product that we decided on the spot to blow up their factory. See that glow on the horizon? There it goes.


Well, to tell the truth, these are all sunset shots from the Borough's balcony. Noice, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment