Monday, January 23, 2012

Seagulls and trees

Last week was momentous in some ways - we think we have found a builder, the house plans have been modified so as to be cheaper to build and it looks like a start on the build may be made by the end of February. Lots of compromises have been made and there are probably more to come. It's all very stressful and challenging to one's domestic harmony. I've had to give up on some dearly held dreams, but hopefully the end result will be OK. Now, if GFC Mk 2 can just leave us a little superannuation, I may even be able to retire in about 5 years or so.

This coming week will be momentous too, with the forthcoming wedding of Lian to Matt. This will be happening at Derek's beautiful old property, Terara House Estate near Nowra. David and I will head off on Friday for the big event.

Meanwhile, it has been pouring! 150ml recorded on our neighbour's rain gauge at Vincent Close.  The Black Head lagoon has been opened to the sea and the seagulls are lovin' it.




All along the lagoon shoreline they are bathing and drinking as the storm water flows out to sea


Great flocks of them on the shoreline, staring out to sea and pointing their beaks into the south easterly winds,



and squabbling on the backwash.


Meanwhile it is the time of year that trees shed their old bark and show the beautiful colours of the new bark underneath.






 I may have said this before, I love trees and find their different forms and colours very photogenic. I will have to defer to Brown Dog to identify these beauties.  But in case you find trees as boring as watching the grass grow, here are some more seagulls.



So it's goodnight from him and it's goodnight from me!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding a builder. Hope the wedding goes well

    ReplyDelete