Meanwhile, Lian and I went shopping and bought cheap clothes in the post-Christmas sales. She's a canny buyer and took me to all the best bargain spots. I bought 5 good quality T-shirts, a pair of trousers and two cardigans - total cost under $100. The went and had a pedicure. If you have never had a pedicure, do it now. At one of those Asian nail emporiums with the massage chairs. Aaaah.
Lian and Matt have dined us too, it's great having offspring who cook well!
The weather is just perfect and invites you to be out and about. Especially considering our apartment is quite dark, as it is overshadowed by huge multi-story buildings to the N and E. It's cool and shady in summer (and freezing cold and shady in winter). This is the complex garden courtyard, our apartment is immediately to the right, with its own courtyard garden.
We have been trying to work off all those extra Christmas kilojoules with a daily swim in the apartment's pool. There never seems to be anyone else using it, and I just can't understand why not. It has a spa and gym and sauna too. If you like that sort of thing, which I don't. I suppose other people must feels that way about swimming, but I just love it.
Some of it is quite historic, such as these arcade mosaics. This one is the Australia Arcade on Collins Street.
"Stay as long as you like! There is a rule at this cafe, you can't leave until you eat it all...no, no, no, I just joke" But, we had to leave some - delicious as they were. Back to the pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment