Confession time: my worry mechanism has had a lot of work this year. Some days I wonder when, if ever, I will wake up in the morning and feel completely free of worry having slept like a baby with no silly fretful dreams. Unlike last night when I had that one about careering down a steep road in a car where I couldn't work the brakes. Often have that one. Health, money, children, elders, house plans, case plans, future plans. Is it possible to be carefree? It's a work in progress. I tell myself I really have much to be grateful for and nothing to complain about in the bigger scheme of things. Compared with almost everyone else on the planet. But vague worrying is my biggest vice. I spend lots of time on the computer looking for answers.

I am hopeful when we are in our new house that some of my current worry-fodder will be gone. We are up to the stage of putting the plans out to tender and will very soon be choosing a builder, with the advice of the architect. So we still don't have a final build cost. And then it's the actual build still to come. Meanwhile we are still learning about such things as driveways and retaining walls. During the week we visited some of the local quarries to look at local stone. This one was at the top of a hill in quaintly-named Possum Brush, with a view one way to the sea miles away and a view the other way over this industrial scene.
The local stone is blue green, mainly. There is a particular artisan stonemason who does these lovely walls. He never advertises. Doesn't need the work. Does it if he likes the idea of the project, they say.
Things pretty busy at work. Usually there are 10 one hour appointments booked for me over two days. It's quite satisfying but not straightforward, enough pointy end cases to keep me on my toes. Here is my therapy room.
The practice has just launched its website.
http://www.intalink.com.au/yourtime/aboutus I'm listed under "Psychologists".
Back on the home front, I have to share our balcony crops with you. This is one of the tomatoes.
And this strange little thing is an Australian native finger lime. Plus some fingers. Please feel free to read my palm, by the way. If I knew what was ahead, maybe I wouldn't need to worry so much!
Testing your BLOG from Geraldton where the time difference will obviously make a difference (to something). Cure for Worry is a trip to nowhere in particular as the main issues are what flower is that?; I wonder what happens down there?; Is that a dugong?; will the Woolies wine by the cask taste OK (we know the positive answer on many brands by now). Hope the Fox is feeling better by the day - you can follow suit.
ReplyDeleteThanks for calling in and checking out garden and plants - hope you are suitably stuffed with leaves and stalks of varying kinds.
Leaving here Monday to about halfway to Perth and will take in The Pinnacles and then on via New Norcia to Albany where we lob into our friends house. After that its a few days in Nannup at Robyn's cousin Janet's place (a rural B&B) before heading up for the last few days in the Swan Valley (where some observers have observed grape vines). Entrain on 23rd.
Thinking of you both in warm and bright Geraldton.