Saturday, July 13, 2013

The job list

One way to stave off the ol' lonesome blues (since my husband done left me...) is to stay busy. He's been gone a week and there's two and a half weeks to go and I'm working through my job list. Some days I'm more productive than others, depends how I'm feeling. Today was a bit of a struggle to get motivated and I confess I had a little nap on the couch after lunch. But I've been getting a few things rubbed off the list. Do you like lists? I'm a list person. The job list is written on the whiteboard in the study, it's very satisfying to rub things off. But you know you've been procrastinating too long when the whiteboard pen marks dry out so much they get hard to rub off.


Potting-up was on the list - all done: 45 callistemons, over 30 lillipilles.


Washing and cleaning always seems to be on the list. Do I do more washing than anybody else I know? I suspect yes, this is the case.


Primula seedlings - 33 of them.  So few seedlings, so much garden. So many rabbits.


Today's list: more propagating. These pots sitting on the nice warm paving will hopefully germinate macrozamias, eucalypts, rosellas, casuarinas, spear lilies and golden rain trees. Enough to share!


I miss my personal chef badly. I've had to cook my own dinners.


The indoor plants have been tweaked and groomed, fertilised and sprayed to within an inch of their lives.


Somehow, doing our tax or sorting the bookshelves or washing the floor gets put off because tweaking the indoor plants is more important. You know how that is. It's also quite important to complete the cryptic crossword, which obviously takes precedence over work-related paperwork such as doing my BAS or reading the latest issue of The Australian Journal of Psychology (zzz).


But there's more than one job that I'm not qualified to complete, so it will have to wait until the Master returns. Driving the Hustler Sport is in this category.

1 comment:

  1. Nice productive use of time Sue. A rational, active life. The photos tell you have been ACTIVE. I'm proud of you!
    And love you.

    ReplyDelete