I have decided to go back to work. But I won't return to the clinic in Taree where I was working last year and which I left rather suddenly when Mae was diagnosed. They would happily have me back but I have decided to open my own practice at Halliday's Point. I've found rooms and a colleague to share with. Now begins the rather time consuming and complicated process of getting established with many little tasks to get the whole thing up and running. The local GP assures me there will be no shortage of patients, so lets hope that is in fact the case.
Meanwhile, I'm away from home nearly as much as I'm here. David has been soldiering on with the garden establishment, with only the butcher birds for company. Close company. Shadowing him on the mower and darting in for insects. Hanging about when he digs in case a worm shows up. Joining him at the breakfast table...
Eyeing his food on the breakfast table...
Darting in for a swift beakful of margarine at the breakfast table!
There are several butcher bird families and a couple of babies. The babies go "eep! eep! eep!" more or less all the time. In the windows, on the deck, on the terrace, on the outdoor table.
They know all about keeping up the racket long enough that you crack and give them some food.
This magnificent big fellow proceeding majestically down the fenceline is a pheasant coucal. There used to be a pair of them and apparently they mate for life. But sadly this one is now always alone. I greatly fear that the pile of black and tan feathers we found a couple of months ago may have been the other, fallen prey to a fox perhaps. There are a lot of foxes living down in the heavily wooded creek on the other side of our road.
This rather artistic shot was taken at dawn yesterday as I flashed past Lake George in a Sydney-bound coach, heading home from Canberra.
This second rather artistic shot was taken from inside my cabin on the Grafton XPT just as we were pulling out from Central Station, Sydney in a humongous rainstorm yesterday. The noise of the rain on the iron roof of the station was incredible. Deafening. Like God's "ride-on" mower.
And finally this photo is for Mae and Nick: the wild black rabbit that frequents our garden. I'm hoping to lure Mae and Nick up to visit us again. I'm using the carrot on a stick approach.
What an interesting and enjoyable blog!
ReplyDeleteYou take great photos.